Wednesday 14 December 2016

MY FAVE FIVE: NUDE LIPSTICKS.


Lipsticks are huge business - just think of Urban Decay who released 100 shades of lipstick in their Vice Collection, and Smashbox who topped that earlier this year! I love experimenting with different colours, I love dark reds and purples as well as nudes but when it comes to wearing lipstick in public it's either a very sheer wash of colour or a nude. I'd love to be braver in terms of colour!

MAC Mehr is one of my go to colours - a pink tone, very similar to MAC Soar lip liner (to be quite honest, they're usually applied together) - I love the MAC Lipsticks though, and that's obvious even down to the fact that there are two MAC Lipsticks in my top five. I love the creamy consistency and the longevity, not to mention the sleek packaging of them . MAC Velvet Teddy is the second nude I was going to mention which is a light brown tone, I pretty much always pair this with Subculture lip liner.

Urban Decays range of lipsticks is crazy, 100 colours and a variety of finishes - I have two, and Stark Naked is a gorgeous nude shade. Stark Naked is a comfort matte, a brown toned nude that I feel would match everything and anything. I really like the consistency of the lipsticks, not too hard that you have to put a lot of pressure on to apply (yes I have come across lipsticks like that). I have the matching lip liner and they create the perfect lip combo.

Estee Lauder's Dynamic is a gorgeous pink toned lipstick, not as matte as the MAC lipsticks, yet not a satin finish either. It's a beautiful colour, and these kinds of darker, nude pink shades are my favourite to wear. Again, just like the others, it applies so easily to the lip and it's comfortable too.

Benefit Cosmetics are releasing some new lipsticks next year (keep your eyes peeled), and one of my favourites is Lusty Rose, released as part of the They're Real Big Sexy Lip Kit. These are a combined lipstick and lip liner and you can read more about them here. The minute I saw Lusty Rose I knew it would become a staple colour for me as it's so similar to the colours I already lean towards.


No comments:

Post a Comment