Friday 20 January 2017

MY BROW ROUTINE FEATURING BENEFIT COSMETICS.



Brows are such a huge part of make up lately - over the past couple of years or so they really have blown up and completely taken over. Benefit Cosmetics have a huge nine piece brow collection, and I have to admit, there really is something for everyone no matter how you like to wear your brows.

I have a couple way I like to do mine, but my favourite is using three Benefit products - Ka-Brow, Gimme Brow and High Brow. First of all I use a spoolie to comb through my brows, The front of one of my eyebrows grows upwards, so I brush them both upwards to achieve some form of symmetry - remember, they don't have to be identical - eyebrows are sisters, not twins!

I then use an angled brush to draw a line underneath the brow using Ka-Brow which is a cream gel dipbrow formula which has 24 hour waterproof wear, smudgeproof too which is great! I use shade 3 which is a medium brown and can be built to be dark, or used softly so it really is a universal colour. I've been using a Benefit Angled Brush to apply, but I like those from Urban Decay and from both Real Techniques collections. I start the line from the arch and draw toward the tail end so that I'm distributing the majority of the product, then use the remainder of the product thats left on the brush to line under the front section of the brow - this creates that 'ombre' effect, meaning that the front portion of the brow is a lot softer.

After lining underneath, I line the top from the arch to the tail to create a better and more defined end of my brow. The ends of mine are soft and sparse, so I use this method to extend and define them. I then use the brush to fill in the shape that I've created, focusing the majority of the product at the end of the brow and using a soft amount at the front.

After I've filled with Ka-Brow, I use Gimme Brow (I use shade 3 which is a medium brown) against the brow hair to give texture, and then comb back through to set the hair in place. Due to the way my brow hair grows I use the Gimme Brow to comb upwards at the front of the brow to give my brow a bit more shape and definition.

To complete the look, I draw a line of High Brow underneath the brow from start to end and then blend. The High Brow is a linen pink pencil which helps to create a freshly waxed appearance to the brow, but it also highlights the brow and helps to open the entire eye area. I often use this the entire way around my brow to create a 'halo brow' look which can really help to create a strong defined brow look.

I absolutely love the new Benefit Brow Collection! Have you tried it? Which products are your favourites?


No comments:

Post a Comment