Monday 10 July 2017

A SNEAK PEEK INTO MY FREELANCE KIT.


I love looking into what people carry in their freelance make up kit, I'm always looking to learn, build and branch out with the products I use. I like to carry a large variety of products, brands and consistencies as you never always get to have a trial with clients, obviously if you get to have a trial it's a lot easier to condense and only carry the products that you need. I actually only carry products that I've tried on myself beforehand - they aren't always products I like on myself but they are always products I know work amazingly.

First of all, it's important to carry a large amount of hygiene products - I always carry some surgical spirit to sanitise brushes and products, I also always carry hand sanitiser to ensure that my hands are as clean and hygienic as possible. Disposable mascara wands and doe foot applicators are a must for lipglosses and concealer application - great for getting into little tubes! And lastly boring bits, such as wipes, cotton buds and cotton pads.

For skincare, I always carry a cleanser. toner and moisturiser. I use a Clarins One Step Cleanser as it's much easier to carry a water style cleanser than an actual wash off one, I carry Pixi Glow Tonic and a Liz Earle Skin Tonic in order to cover both bases for dry or oily skin, as well as a few moisturisers - at the moment this is Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturiser and Benefit Triple Performing Moisturiser. I carry one of my all time favourite products which is Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream which works as a great lip balm for those with especially dry lips, but I always use a small amount to prep the lips regardless of how dry they are. I carry a couple of prep sprays as well - Urban Decay Quick Fix which is a hydrating spray, and B6 which is great for oily skin.

Primer wise I carry three - two mattifying, and one illuminating. I carry Benefit Porefessional which I use on everyone as it blurs the skin and I like to mix it with an illuminating primer sometimes, I also carry Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue. One of my illuminating primers of choice is the Estee Lauder Illuminating Primer, and the Illamasqua Satin Primer. Another primer that I absolutely adore is Stila One Step Correct which is a colour correcting primer.

Foundation wise I have quite a few and it would take a while to go through them all but a few I carry are Illamasqua Skin Base, Urban Decay All Nighter and Mehron HD Celebre Foundation which is a cream. I actually have the Mehron Foundation Palette which is great for me to be able to mix the perfect colour of foundation for my client. For concealers I carry Benefit Boi-ing Industrial Strength Concealer, Benefit Boi-ing Brightening Concealer and Benefit Boi-ing Airbrush Concealer. Working for Benefit, I absolutely love their concealers and in the job photographed above I was actually able to use Boi-ing Airbrush on my clients before the official launch! I carry mainly translucent powders as it saves time - I have a MAC Prep + Prime translucent, RCMA No Colour Powder and Bare Minerals Translucent Ready powder.

For cheek colour I carry two Benefit blusher palettes - Cheekathon and Cheek Parade. These include everything that I would reach for including Rockateur and Hoola Bronzer - in fact there are a few duplicates which is great! I also have The Balm Manizer Sister trio so I have a highlighters for different skin tones. I also have Naked Illuminated by Urban Decay which is great for the tops of collarbones and shoulders.

Onto eyes and I carry Urban Decay Primer Potions in a variety of styles - my favourite is Eden, I also carry all three Urban Decay Naked Palettes and Urban Decay Naked Ultimate Basics as they seem to cover all bases in terms of colour. I carry Urban Decay Polyester Bride as it's quite a pigmented white colour which is great for the inner corner and the browbone, and Illamasqua Pigment in Furore which is a lovely champagne glitter. Another small favourite of mine is Benefit Big Beautiful Eyes palette which is a soft pink and brown trio of shadows which is great for bridal makeup.

I have a couple of eyeliner pencils from Soap and Glory that I got in a set over Christmas, a couple from Urban Decay and from Rimmel. In terms of mascara I carry four and four only - Benefit They're Real and Roller Lash in black and brown - I actually couldn't think of any other mascaras to use as they've been my favourite for so long now. I also carry Benefit They're Real Tinted Lash Primer to amp up the volume slightly.

Brows again are entirely Benefit - Ka-Brow is great as it's waterproof and long wearing, Gimme Brow is great for a natural brow look too. I then carry Ready Set Brow to set and then High Brow pencil to highlight and define. These are my go to in my kit, but I do have other options in my collection if necessary.

Finally onto lips, I carry an OCC Lip Primer, a Freedom Makeup Lip Palette in Nude, I also have the Red. Urban Decay Vice Lip Palette is great but the pans aren't huge. Some Urban Decay, NYX and Revlon Lip Liners and Estee Lauder, Kylie Jenner and L'Oreal Glosses. Lip options can always be quite personal so I always give my client the option to bring their own if they would like.

So that's about everything I carry, although I always like to swap things out for different jobs. I love expanding my kit and usually have a list as long as my arm of things to add to it!



No comments:

Post a Comment